Friday, June 4, 2010

Living in a Wardli

Highs-

- Sharing the house with friends
- Having a choice what you want for dinner
- Fantastic conversations
- Talking to people you would never usually talk to
- Sitting on the veranda just chilling out
- fun nights without homework
- Eating when you want to during the day

Challengers -

- Getting up really early
- cleaning up the whole house in a short amount of time
- No dishwasher
- Having no idea what is happening in the outside world
- Lazy Wardli members
- Cooperation with other members

Self Expectations -

- Cooperate with others
- Never become lazy
- Thinking about others before yourself
- Clean up after myself
- Using initiative


I think my biggest strength in the Wardli is encouraging everyone and never making the Wardli fall apart. I try to work my hardest cleaning everything up in the whole house and if something needs to be done, I will remind someone to do it. I also do the dishes most nights. A problem with me is that I don't know when to shut up. This can become bad because I might annoy the other 6 people in y Wardli. I respect all the members in my Wardli. Our Wardli ( Wardli 3) Is very organised. We always work as a team to clean everything up. We also always clean everything up in the morning and after dinner before we go to the classroom.

SHARING A WARDLI

SESSION 1

1. What do you see as your strength in your wardli and what would you like to improve on?

As I said before, my biggest strength in the wardli is encouraging everyone and not letting the wardli fall apart. I do this by advising the confused people in our wardli what they should be doing. I also tell everyone what needs to be done. I probably use the most voice in the wardli by saying "This needs to be done", or "c'mon everyone we can do this". I find this helps the whole wardli to clean everything within the short amount of time we have.

2. Without identifying them, describe the most functional person in your wardli and what makes him so successful?

The most successful person in our wardli just does the jobs. He doesn't wait a few minutes and makes an excuse not to do it or tells other people to do it. He also encourages people and makes everyone get along. This person is a role model and is a person that other members can go o that person to talk to. He always makes the best choice and follows his heart. He isn't afraid to speak out.

3. Describe your own approach to maintaining a succesful wardli for the remainder of the programme.

I just try to do my fair share, if not, more of the jobs which need to be done. To have a successful wardli i try to keep everyone friends. This is a very hard job because everyone is just so different. Encouraging people always helps.

SESSION 2

1. Identify and describe 5 skills of a functional housemate in points form.

1. This person is really easy to talk to. He gets along with everyone in the Wardli and knows what needs to be done. He never fights with anyone and he is a role model.
2. This person knows how to keep everyone in the Wardli together either by sorting our problems or bringing up a good conversation for everyone to be included in at the dinner table.
3. This person is very punctual and therefore his Wardli is very organised and knows when they have to leave for a place at a certain time.
4. This person treats everyone equally and won't favor his friends.
5.This person is not stuck up an will therefore will admit if he has made a mistake and therefore apologize.

2. Without identifying him, describe the most functional person in your Wardli and what makes him so successful

The most functional person in our wardli has a perfect balance of what he needs to commit. He does enough jobs but not too much so other important things must be done.. He treats everyone fairly and will always ask if anything needs to be done. While doing this he will be encouraging everyone and making sure each person is getting along. He thinks about others before himself. Another few aspects this person commits to this wardli is loyalty, wisdom, and respect. These are probably the most important things to sharing a wardli and is what this person has.

3. Describe your own approach to maintaining a successful Wardli for the remainder of the program.

My own approach to the Wardli has been not to muck around and just do the jobs. This is good because it means the jobs actually get done instead of them waiting to be done in ten minutes time or so. I also encourage the wardli as much as I can to have the meals cooked in time and to have everything clean by a certain time. For the nights, I talked to my room nights for a bit but ever since, I have been going to bed as soon as possible. I am happy that I'm doing this because talking disturbs the whole Wardli. Another thing I do is bring up good conversations at the dinner table. This is good because it brings the whole Wardli together.

No comments:

Post a Comment