Tuesday, June 22, 2010

11km Beach Run

It was apparantly 6:30 when my room mate, Edward Boyd, and I woke up. We changed into our running gear and did some stretches. Suddenly Nathan Kapitza came out of his room room and said, "guys what are you doing so early in the morning? Its only 5:30." As soon as we absorbed what Nathan had said, we went straight back to bed thinking how much of an idiot we are. At the real 6:30 we all woke up, did some stretches and went to the bus where we were driven to Hardwicke Bay. As soon as we got off the bus, we all went in a line, and started running. I was feeling pretty good for the first 2km. The first 2km I was running up front with Olly Clarke, Tom Plant, Stuart Harvey, Riley Terrell and Kurt Park. Dale was behind us. We kept running until Dale caught up and broke away from us with Olly and Stuart. I was running just behind them. We kept running until we reached the 5.5km mark. Here made the gap between me and stuart and Olly smaller. Dale was way ahead of us. Soon I got this massive stitch. It was really painfull. I toughed it out though by just shouting randomly in pain when it hurt alot. This kept me running for some reason I don't know. Riley Terrell was catching up to me so I increased my speed. At the 9km mark it was worse but I kept running. I noticed that Stuart broke away from Olly. When I was on the dirt track, I increased my pace again and found that I was only 10m away from Olly Clarke. I stayed with him until the last 100m when I sprinted past him and beat him by one second to have a time of 53. 30min. Dale was sitting down waiting for us. He scored a time of 51. 58m This was crazy. He said that this was his Personal Best by a long way and it was because we were tormenting him on the bus the whole way here. Dale, Olly, Stuart, Riley and I beat the 6th person by a few minutes. Even though I lost againts Dale, I felt great because my time was still fantastic. All of us who finished went to support other people still running for aout 25min and then we all went back to our Wardli's. I ate 10 weet-bix and then had a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment